On the Issues...
TABOR and TAXES
- Supports it! Supports it! Supports it!
- Representative Liston has NEVER voted for a tax increase!!!
- Believes it acts as a financial brake on the kind of runaway government spending that has plagued California.
- Understands that Colorado's fiscal problems did not start with TABOR, but are due in part to weak economic growth, Amendment 23, and demands for greater government spending.
- Emphasizes private sector growth in robust Colorado economy.
- A business and entrapanureal friendly environment attracts jobs and capitol.
- A robust economy provides more jobs, a broader tax base, and better lives for all Coloradoans.
- Supports business friendly legislation to stimulate private sector employment and economic growth.
- Strongly opposes Obamacare
- Vital - Should be and can be affordable and accessable for all Coloradoans.
- Opposes inefficient, overlapping, and ineffective government mandates, rules, laws, and regulations.
- Strongly supports giving control and options back to the consumer. Supports free market Colorado specific solutions for Consumers.
- Supports the expansion of Health Savings Accounts (HSA's) for all citizens.
- Supports the ability of Coloradoans to purchase health insurance across state lines.
Education Choice for Colorado's Children
- Everyone agrees public funding for K-12 education is important. It is, however, fiscally irresponsible to permanently endow one sector of government with automatic increases in spending to the detriment of all other sectors. That's no way to keep faith with you as taxpayers, parents, and students.
- Representative Liston supports Home Schooling, Charter Schools, on-line learning, and vouchers for Colorado Parents.
- Supports local control of education spending and reducing federal mandates in education.
2nd Amendment Rights
- Adamantly supports our right to keep and bear arms!
- Law abiding citizens are not to blame for firearm abuses, criminals are. Keep firearms away from criminals, not law abiding citizens away from firearms.
- Crimes committed with firearms should be dealt with severely; existing laws already on the books provide for that.
- Encourage gun safety training and safe practices for all citizens.
- There are legitimate reasons to posess firearms: protection, sport, collecting, and commerce among them.
- Representative Liston is a proud member of the NRA and has been consistently endorsed by the NRA with an "A" rating.
- Representative Liston has been endorsed by the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition and the Firearms Coalition of Colorado.
- Our laws should be tough on criminals, especially hardened felons and repeat offenders. Crimes are prevented by keeping criminals off the streets. We can't let crime pay.
- Admires and strongly supports our men and women in law enforcement.
- Firmly believes those who are guilty of capital offenses should serve full sentences.
- Supports judicious use of the death penalty.
- A modern and safe transportation system is important for Colorado.
- Supports efforts to improve our highways; this should have been a higher priority for years.
- Encourages alternative means of mass transit if they can pay for themselves and not burden taxpayers - a user pay basis.
- Also would support legislation to allow more tolling of Colorado's major highways.
- Supports property rights and opposes unwarranted use of eminent domain.
- Proud to be a man, proud to be married to Mary Ann for nearly 32 years, and proud of our daughter Katarina.
- Believes the institution of marriage to be a sacred union between a man and a woman. Will protect that institution as the pillar of society it is and should rightly be.
Right to Life
- Believes in the sanctity of life and that life is created at conception.
- Supports parental consent for minors and the importance of the traditional family unit.
- Opposes taxpayer funded abortion and partial birth abortion.
- Supports increased emphasis on alternatives to abortion, such as counseling, adoption, and foster care. Supports wholesome education about alternatives and improved access to alternatives.
Jobs and the Economy
- Representative Liston is a Free Market Laissez Faire Republican.
- Representative Liston has 33 years in the private sector with the Royal Bank of Canada. Retired in 2008 as First Vice President RBC.
- Understands the private sector creates job, not the government.
- Rep. Liston has actually passed legislation that helped create jobs for Coloradoans. (HB-11-1188, HB11-1109, HB08-127, HB10-128, and HB 11-1091...)
- Rep. Liston has served on the House Economic and Business Development Committee for 8 years.
Representative Liston is a proven conservative leader.